We would love your help running camera traps in North Carolina. Individuals can participate by:
- using your own camera: Signup | More Information about acceptable camera brands
- borrowing one of our cameras: Signup
If you don’t have time to participate in setting cameras, but would like your land (>5 acres) surveyed, signup here to allow approved volunteers to set cameras on your land!
If you represent a group interested in running a number of cameras to document animals on your land, learn more about partnering with us here.
Wondering where to run your camera? Check out these ideas!
**FALL SEASON ONLY**
The Fall Fawn Frenzy is a quick and concentrated survey of 10 counties in North Carolina. The specific goal of this survey is to learn more about fawn/doe ratios for the North Carolina white-tailed deer population. To learn more about the 2018 Fall Fawn Frenzy, click here.
Important Information For Those Borrowing Cameras:
- First deployment Dec 1st
- Final pickup by Feb 5th
- Uploads complete and camera returned by Feb 12th
Spring (Feb 16 – April 23) – Three 3-week deployments
- First deployment Feb 16th
- Final pickup byApril 23rd
- Uploads complete and camera returned byApril 30th
Summer (May 4 – July 2) – Three 3-week deployments
- First deployment May 4th
- Final pickup by July 8th
- Uploads complete and camera returned by July 20th (very important for project that cameras are returned by this day)
Fall (Aug 4 – Nov 18) – 3 week deployments
- Deployment Schedule differs depending on which of the 10 Fall Fawn Frenzy counties is surveyed
- A detailed Fall Fawn Frenzy deployment schedule will be provided before the Fall Season begins
- Uploads complete and camera returned by Nov 20th (very important for project that cameras are returned by this day)