We would love your help running camera traps in North Carolina. Individuals can participate by:
- using your own camera: Signup | More Information about acceptable camera brands
- borrowing one of our cameras: Signup
If you don’t have time to participate in setting cameras, but would like your land (>5 acres) surveyed, signup here to allow approved volunteers to set cameras on your land!
If you represent a group interested in running a number of cameras to document animals on your land, learn more about partnering with us here.
Wondering where to run your camera? Check out these ideas!
**FALL SEASON ONLY**
The Fall Fawn Frenzy is a quick and concentrated Bio-Blitz-like survey of 10 counties in North Carolina. The specific goal of this survey is to learn more about fawn/doe ratios for the North Carolina white-tailed deer population. If you’re interested in helping us with this unique survey, please complete this interest form.
Important Information For Those Borrowing Cameras:
- First deployment Dec 1st
- Final pickup by Feb 21st
- Uploads complete and camera returned by Feb 28th
Spring (Mar 1 – May 7) – 3 week deployments
- First deployment Mar 1st
- Final pickup by May 7th
- Uploads complete and camera returned by May 14th
Summer (May 15 – July 24) – 3 week deployments
- First deployment May 15th
- Final pickup by July 24th
- Uploads complete and camera returned by Aug 1st (very important for project that cameras are returned by this day)
Fall (Aug 18 – Nov 19) – 2 week deployments
- First deployment Aug 18th
- Final pickup by Nov 19th
- Uploads complete and camera returned by Nov 25th (very important for project that cameras are returned by this day)