We would love your help running camera traps in North Carolina. Individuals can participate by:
- using your own camera: Signup | More Information about acceptable camera brands
- borrowing one of our cameras: Signup **PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE ARE PAUSING THE STATEWIDE SURVEY TO FOCUS ON THE FALL FAWN FRENZY. We will open up the survey to all counties again starting December 1st. You may sign up for the winter season while the fall season is running.** If you are a camera-owner, you can continue to survey your county through the fall season.
If you don’t have time to participate in setting cameras, but would like your land (>5 acres) surveyed, signup here to allow approved volunteers to set cameras on your land!
If you represent a group interested in running a number of cameras to document animals on your land, learn more about partnering with us here.
Wondering where to run your camera? Check out these ideas!
**FALL SEASON ONLY**
The Fall Fawn Frenzy is a quick and concentrated survey of 10 counties in North Carolina. The specific goal of this survey is to learn more about fawn/doe ratios for the North Carolina white-tailed deer population. If you’re interested in helping us with this unique survey, please sign up here:
Important Information For Those Borrowing Cameras:
- First deployment Dec 1st
- Final pickup by Feb 21st
- Uploads complete and camera returned by Feb 28th
Spring (Mar 1 – May 7) – Three 3-week deployments
- First deployment Mar 1st
- Final pickup by May 7th
- Uploads complete and camera returned by May 14th
Summer (May 15 – July 24) – Three 3-week deployments
- First deployment May 15th
- Final pickup by July 24th
- Uploads complete and camera returned by Aug 1st (very important for project that cameras are returned by this day)
Fall (Aug 18 – Nov 19) – 2 week deployments
- First deployment Aug 18th
- Final pickup by Nov 19th
- Uploads complete and camera returned by Nov 25th (very important for project that cameras are returned by this day)